Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Favorite Memory

~December 1954~
I traveled with my family from our home in Amarillo Texas to Hugoton Kansas to spend Christmas with our Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. I was 16 months old and this was my first "real" Christmas. In this photo I am standing in front of Grandmother Forward's Christmas tree. I remember the beautiful glass ornaments, twinkling lights and lead tinsel icycles hanging on the fresh spruce tree. I remember the smells and the colors and the excitement in the air.

It was all so wonderous!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Such a cute picture! I can't believe you remember something from that young! Crazyness...

August 27, 2009 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger amy said...

you are sooo cute! what a priceless picture! you don't see pictures like this, i tell ya. love the story, great LO too!

August 30, 2009 at 1:46 AM  
Blogger Melis said...

My lil' Quinci! ;)

January 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home